1 Adaptogenic herbs â€” such as ashwagandha, tulsi, rhodiola and ginseng â€” protect and improve your health by helping your body adapt to:
- Stress, regardless of the source
Adaptogens are unique in that they help your body adapt to stress, in part by regulating hormones and improving your immune function. Learn more.
- Climactic changes (changes in temperature)
- Assaults by never-before-encountered microbes
- Potential allergens, including seasonal allergens
2 Three recent studies â€” two by the U.S. National Toxicology Program and one by the Italian Ramazzini Institute â€” has linked cellphone radiation to:
- Radically increase the risk of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s
- Cause an increase in insulin resistance and diabetes
- DNA damage and an increased risk of rare heart and brain tumors
Three studies published in the first quarter of 2018 have produced evidence linking cellphone radiation to DNA damage, low body weight and rare tumors in the heart, brain and other organs. Learn more.
- DNA damage and an increased risk for obesity
3 Which of the following has been shown to be a significant contributor to obesity?
- Processed foods and fast food
- Artificially-sweetened foods and beverages
- Low-fat foods combined with highly processed carbohydrates
- All of the above
Processed foods and “diet” foods, including both artificially-sweetened products and low-fat foods, have been shown to promote weight gain. One of the easiest ways to normalize your weight and optimize your health is to eat real food. Learn more.
4 Which common root vegetable was recently found to protect against Alzheimer’s disease by dramatically decreasing damaging oxidation of neurons?
Research suggests beets may be a powerful ally in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease, decreasing damaging oxidation of neurons by as much as 90 percent. Learn more.
5 This leafy perennial vegetable with the composition of celery is often mistaken for a fruit, most likely because it has a sweet-tart taste that can make your lips pucker:
- Lemon balm
Although often mistaken as a fruit, with a composition similar to celery, rhubarb stalks boast a sweet-tart taste that can make your lips pucker. Learn more.
6 By their senior years, the average person will have spent the equivalent of how long watching television?
- Five years
- Seven years
- 10 to 15 years
By the time the average person reaches 70, they will have spent the equivalent of 10 to 15 years of their life watching television, more than four years of which was just for the ads. Learn more.
- 15 to 20 years
7 While a healthy diet is foundational for healthy mitochondrial function, two supplements known to provide powerful mitochondrial benefits are:
- PQQ and berberine
Your diet is one of the most important tools you can use to take control of your health. But supplements can also be useful, especially when it comes to improving mitochondrial function. Two particularly powerful ones are PQQ and berberine. Learn more.
- Resveratrol and vitamin C
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and alpha lipoic acid
- Glutathione and quercetin
This post was syndicated from Articles. Click here to read the full text on the original website.